Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blueprint for an incarnational life (1)

I have been reflecting a lot lately on Micah 6:8. I heard someone mention it as a verse that gets to the heart of what it means to be a true disciple of Jesus. It reads:
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

As I think about what it means to be an incarnational witness, I realize that this verse really sums the idea up. It is a Q&A with God, and he lets us know what he expects of his disciples.

This begins a series of posts in which I will try to think my way through what this verse means (hopefully with a little help from some of you), and what following the requirements in the second half of the verse looks like in practice today.

1 comments:

Main Street Wings & Grill said...

good stuff, definitely what i needed to hear this weekend!

Post a Comment