Friday, February 6, 2009

Four body parts used to make sounds

Today I attended a fascinating session about language learning. We made all sorts of verbal sounds and discussed the way we formed each phoneme. We were introduced to a number of phonemes that are not used in the English language, and it was interesting to hear people try to pronounce them. The kicker came when the person leading the session told us that we use four body parts to make sounds. Those four are the tongue, the lips, the vocal cords, and the nose. I laughed out loud when he said this, since I am not so sure that is a complete list. I think I might use one or two other parts of my body to makes sounds...

3 comments:

Aaron Hodges said...

I have three boys and two girls and there are definatly more body parts that can be used to make noise!

Justin said...

I would like to thank you for including the link to he word PHONEME. I remember needing a dictionary near by when we were in the office together. Even now just reading your blog I still get words added to my vocabulary. Thanks for edumacatin me once again. :)

strangebrou said...

Justin, I am here for you.

Post a Comment